Key Features & Benefits
- 11 mm helical blade results in reduced bone removal compared to a traditional hip screw
- Versatile system indicated for a number of fracture types in the femur
- Lateral entry point (6° lateral to greater trochanter) ideal for overweight patients, where piriformis fossa entry can be challenging
- Helical blade design provides superior life to cut out when compared to traditional hip screw
- Titanium alloy material used for improved mechanical and fatigue properties
The Synthes Titanium Trochanteric Fixation Nail (TFN) is intended to treat stable and unstable pertrochanteric fractures, intertrochanteric fractures, basal neck fractures, and combinations thereof. The Long TFN is additionally indicated for subtrochanteric fractures, pertrochanteric fractures associated with shaft fractures, pathologic fractures of osteoporotic bone (including prophylactic use) in both trochanteric and diaphyseal regions, long subtrochanteric fractures, proximal or distal nonunions, malunions, and revisions.
Please refer to the package insert for a complete list of indications, contraindications, precautions and warnings.
For further information on Synthes products, please contact your local Synthes representative.